Friday 15 July 2011

Two Week Countdown

After a weird few days it seems my mind is finally settling down a bit. I didn't get a job I'd applied for and I've already decided to leave my current job - which means I have an unspecified amount of time to spend in the Alps with friends and just see where the adventure takes me.

It's been a big worry about money and what to do when I come back, having no steady career, degree or long term goals. Short term goals aren't even a big part of the picture, I plan on going to Chamonix and doing what I can without feeling too daunted or out of my depth!

Thankfully it just takes good friends, of which I have more than I deserve, to show me how to look at thinks with a different set of eyes. I have a blank canvas before me, with no bonds or ties or debts or troubles to tie me down to the sometimes grim northern English existence...

Preperations remaining:

  • Ferry Tickets
  • Insurance
  • Few more bits of gear
  • Food/Camping supplies!
  • Buying a new compact camera to counter my DSLR
I'm possibly going to start writing some gear reviews too, all the accumulated knowledge from aspiration purchasing and working in a gear shop might as well come to some creative use!

No comments:

Post a Comment