Thursday 17 May 2012

Nifty Fifty

Right. I'm still no clearer as to what the hell I'm doing. I've had a few weeks of no work which has been nice & I'm ahead on my Open Uni course with the prospect of doing a degree depending on funding.

I recently met with the chaps over at The Mancunianist (www.themancunianist.com) who like my shots and are rolling a few out via their blog, with a means to collaborate further in future and hopefully get many more people seeing my photos.

A couple of weeks ago I manager to get a Canon 1.8 50mm lens which has been fun to play with, best shot so far:


I'm going to look at at least setting myself up as a freelance so I have to option to take shots for people if asked, but I'm still unsure whether to get a new job, go back to my old job for a while, or just bugger off abroad on my savings.


My latest big travel idea, if can find someone to drag along, is to head to Moscow and board the Trans-Siberian. Stop at Ulaanbataar in Mongolia, and end up in Beijing. Then, getting way ahead of myself here, possibly stay in Hangzhou (near Shanghai) with my mate Lee. From there it'd be possible to go to Hong Kong, and on to Vietnam and SE Asia.

The planning and eventualities of this are baffling my mind at the moment, but from a few hours research the main costs for the Trans-Siberian would be around £1500.

I've also decided for such a trip a super-zoom lens would be nice, so if anyone would like a Canon 18-55 and 55-250 set of lenses, give me a shout :)














No comments:

Post a Comment